Monday, March 10, 2014

Clean Oat Crepe/ Pancakes.

Hello to all!

Recently I have loving all the clean pancake recipes out there and would like to share with you one. Its my go to recipe when I can't decide what I want to make my self in the weekends, when I'm home.
The banana pancake recipe that can be found on my blog is very common, so this is something a bit different.
I found this probably a yer ago, and I have made it ever since, it is so easy that you can top it with whatever you want! Here are some of my favorite!

 chocolate chips in the batter and pure maple syrup in between layers
 pure maple syrup and Greek yogurt
 Home-made muesli, and plain berries heated and a tiny bit of pure maple syrup for some sweetness
 banana slices, Greek yogurt and pure maple syrup
 Filled with fruit and drizzled with pure maple syrup
 Topped with Greek yogurt chocolate chips and a drizzle of pure maple syrup
 Topped with banana slices and pure maple syrup
2 topped with peanut butter, 2 topped with Greek yogurt and pure maple syrup and 2 topped with 1/2 strawberry each and drizzle of maple syrup.

Here is the recipe, how ever you can make the batter thinner for a crepe recipe, keeping in mind it in very hard to flip, of a thicker batter for more of a bite size. I wouldn't recommend making these into actual size pancakes as they are even harder to flip than the crepes!

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/2 cup of oats blended into flour
1/2 cup of almond milk if you are wanting crepes
OR
1/4 cup of almond milk for a thicker batter. 

Method:
  1. Blend/ mix together the oat flour, egg and milk until there are no lumps.
  2. Heat a pan on medium heat. This is very important that you pan is hot otherwise it will be a disaster when you go to flip! Spray or oil your pan if necessary.
  3. Place a TBS of batter for little pancakes or pour mixture into your pan and swirl around for a crepe (the crepes will be a bit thicker than normal ones.)
  4.  Flip when the edges seem cooked and cook for a further minute or so. 
  5. Top with your favorite toppings or try some of the above! (my favorite; peanut butter with Greek yogurt, pure maple syrup and a sprinkle of home-made muesli.)


No comments:

Post a Comment